Ford's Spin Gives Free Rides to Essential Workers
Spin, a bicycle-sharing and scooter-sharing company owned by Ford Motor Company is helping the healthcare industry during the pandemic with free 30 minute rides with free helmets for essential workers to get to and from work.
Accessing this service is easy – follow the steps below to take advantage of this opportunity.
1. Apply here (You’ll receive a unique code via email in 24-48 hours)
2. Upon receiving a code, download the Spin App for iPhone or Android
3. Tap to open the menu in top left
4. Tap “Free Rides”
5. Make sure “Your Promos” is selected
6. Tap “Add Promo Code”
7. Enter the code, then tap “Add”
8. Add a credit card to your account to cover trips over 30 minutes
9. Your code will be live through June 30, 2020
Founded in 2016, Spin, first docked in Seattle, WA and is now operating in cities across the United States and will be expanding into Europe in Spring 2020. Traditional Spin services can be accessed in over 60 cities and 25 universities. Spin prides itself in integrating into communities by working with law enforcement, private companies, advocacy and local community groups to create a genuine transportation solution that addresses the needs and challenges of each city and college campus.1
Since joining the Ford family in November 2018, Spin and Ford have partnered to scale the business in new markets, successfully run operations, and offer a sustainable and genuine transportation solution that will allow a mass of commuters to freely move in gridlock and urban environments, and explore the world around them. Along with the physical expansion, Spin's team has grown significantly from 24 employees to over 600 employees.