WHAT BUSINESSES NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE FAMILIES FIRST CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE ACT
With businesses reopening and employees returning to work, employers may find a need to re-familiarize themselves with the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA). Congress passed this legislation in March, near the onset of the pandemic in the United States. FFCRA establishes new paid sick leave and paid leave provisions for employers, paid for through the creation of a new federal tax credit program that offers businesses a dollar-for-dollar reimbursement.
This page provides Greater Louisville employers with a range of resources to help navigate this new law.
- Department of Labor (DOL) summary of FFCRA
- New DOL tool for determining FFCRA eligibility
- FFCRA FAQ
- DOL FFCRA landing page
- IRS information on FFCRA Tax Credits
- SHRM guide to FFCRA Tax Credits
- U.S. Chamber guide to FFCRA